The architecture once belonged to the bureaucratic system of the Monopoly Bureau Branch of Taiwan Governor’s Office and was responsible for salt trade. When it was rebuilt in 1919, the former Wushulin Branch Hongmaogang Office situated in Hongmaogang of Kaohisung was relocated to Yancheng of Tainan and became the Tainan Branch Office. And as such, the hall way features many decorative elements in Japanese architecture such as hanging fish, pagoda, jewels and corbels while the pediments were also constructed in special designs. The corridor columns and bracing feature contours defined with simple wooden chamfers and contribute to the hybrid of Western and Japanese styling of interior decoration and architectural design. Among all the Japanese buildings that have been preserved in Tainan, this is the only architecture that has been relocated. The expansion in the posterior side of the building was a new construction completed at the site, in the style of a traditional Japanese residence."