Built in 1861 at Zuoying Pu in Dongan Fang of Taiwan Prefecture, the Baoen Hall was a worship place of the Xiantiandao (Way of Former Heaven) sect of the Chinese religions of fasting. It was originally a shabby cottage and refurbished in 1866. For the permanent use of the facility, believers raised money to reconstruct the cottage into a brick and stone structure temple in 1888. In 1896, the Japanese colonial government expropriated the hall for building the Tainan Hospital. The temple master thus relocates the hall to the present address with the compensation and donations from the believers. The Tainan Boen Hall is praised as the “best traditional wooden structure in Tainan”.
Address No. 8, Ln. 38, Sec. 2, Zhongyi Rd., West Central Dist., Tainan City Taiwán, R.O.C
Category Historic Sites、Culture
Open Hours Please contact : +886-6-2208509