Directions for use of the digital data of the Tourism Bureau of Tainan City Government
The Tourism Bureau of Tainan City Government (hereafter referred to as the Bureau) specifically set up the Directions to define the range of the effective management and use of the digital data of the Bureau (hereafter referred to as the Bureau Data), to offer free and non-exclusive authorization of the use of the Bureau Data for application, for the purposes of promoting tourism and travel, marketing municipal construction achievements, and activating data application. However, the relevant intellectual property rights are owned by the Bureau or other obligees by law.
Explanations of Related Matters
- The applicability of the Directions does not cover the "Tainan Tourism Gallery Management System".
- Except for the data below or those that meet the legitimate use prescribed by the Copyright Act, the Bureau Data shall not be used until being applied and approved by the Bureau.
- (1) The literary works of texts describing activities, scenic sites, food and accommodations, traffic, etc.
- (2) Promotional texts or art works for the activities, such as the guide map.
- The way to use the Bureau Data:
- (1) The content, forms or items of the Bureau Data (including audio-video, picture and text data) are prohibited from reproduction, alteration, or other forms of change.
- (2) For the data that shall be approved by the Bureau, their use shall be in accordance with the content filled in the application form. Unless otherwise agreed by the Bureau, the Bureau Data shall not be individually used for any commercial purpose.
- (3) Please indicate the source (i.e. data source: Tourism Bureau of Tainan City Government) when using the Bureau Data. The image of Taiwan City Government shall never be damaged, no whether for profit or non-profit purposes.
- (4) The content of the Bureau Data is only provided for reference. The data user shall not claim any rights, request any legal compensation or file any litigation in accordance with the data provided by the Bureau.
- (5) Applicants shall look out for any updates of the content of the Bureau Data to be in conjunction with the amendment, for which the Bureau does not separately make any notification.
- Other matters
- (1) In case of any illegal use of the Bureau Data which leads to any damage to the rights and interests of the Bureau or a third party, the applicant and data user shall bear relevant legal liability and be liable for compensation.
- (2) During the authorization period, the Bureau is entitled to audit the applicant’s use of the data at any time. In case of any of the circumstances below, if proved true, the authorization shall be terminated and the applicant shall not have any objection to it.
- i. The provided application information is misrepresented.
- ii. The applicant has engaged in illegal conduct or infringes upon the Bureau's image.
- Any use without authorization shall be subject to the Copyright Act.
- Other matters not covered by the Directions shall be subject to the Civil Code, Copyright Act, and related regulations. Amendments to the Directions can be made at any time.