In Tainan, you'll see taxies queuing at the main transportation spots such as train stations and the high-speed rail station, and the entrances of department stores and hotels. When the light on the cab's roof is lit up, it shows that the cab is ready to take new passengers. In the downtown area, you can hail a taxi on the curb as long as you see an available one by raising your hand. The taxi will pull over and let you get in.
4 things to tell a licensed taxi
- Bright yellow cars.
- Taxi driver's license is shown on the front and rear seats.
- Fares are determined by the meter.
- Red vehicle identification number are shown on the white car license plates.
Fares are determined by the meter. NT$ 85 for the first 1.5 km and NT$ 5 for every 250 m afterward.
Most taxies only accept cash payment but some taxi companies accept credit cards.
- 20% surcharge for services during 11pm - 6am.
- NT$ 10 for using the trunk to place luggages.
- NT$ 50 per ride during the Lunar New Year.
Accredited English-speaking Taxi Drivers
The drivers of the following lists have completed the English training program hosted by the Tainan City Government. They are equipped with conversational English abilities. If you need an English-speaking taxi driver, please contact one of them directly.
If you have further requests, could also contact with the following taxi companies or Tainan Rental Car Association to arrange the suitable drivers for you.
Tainan Rental Car Association
Contact who speaks in English
Questions & Feedbacks
- If you encounter overcharging or law-breaking conducts, you are encouraged to write down the vehicle identification number on the license plate and make a complaint with the Tainan City Government Transportation Bureau via phone line: +886-6-2953221